SMOKY CHIPOTLE POT ROAST WITH CORNBREAD
Total recipe time: 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 beef Shoulder Roast, Arm Chuck Roast Boneless or Blade Chuck Roast Boneless (2-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- Prepared cornbread or corn muffins
- Press chili powder evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place pot roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 3 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Return liquid to stockpot; bring to a boil. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups.
- Carve roast into thin slices; top with sauce. Serve with cornbread.
Nutrition information per serving, using Arm Roast, 1/6 of recipe: 350 calories; 23 g fat(8 g saturated fat; 9 g monounsaturated fat); 101 mg cholesterol; 251 mg sodium; 3 g carbohydrate; 0.1 g fiber; 31 g protein; 4.5 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 2.7 mg iron; 28.7 mcg selenium; 7.1 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitaminB12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitaminB6 and iron.