YUMMY MUMMY BEEF PIZZAS
Total recipe time: 25-30 min
Makes 4 servings
- 1 recipe Italian Style Beef Sausage (recipe follows)
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 round thin sandwich breads, any variety, split
- 4 individually wrapped sticks reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese (1 ounce each)
- 8 black or green olives, sliced horizontally
- Prepare Italian-Style Beef Sausage. Stir in pizza sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Keep warm and set aside.
- Place sandwich thins, cut side up, on rack of broiler pan. Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture on each bread half. Pull cheese lengthwise into thin strips. Cut each strip into thirds. Create mummy faces using cheese strips in crisscross pattern to resemble mummy bandages and olives to resemble eyes.
- Place pizzas on rack of broiler pan so surface of cheese is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Italian-Style Beef Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2 inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. (Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.) Makes 2-1/2 cups crumble
Nutrition information per serving, using 96% lean ground beef: 346 calories; 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 1041 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 7.7 g fiber; 35 g protein; 6.5 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12; 5.2 mg iron; 17.3 mcg selenium; 5.4 mg zinc; 79.5 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.