BEEF AND BLUE CHEESE STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Total recipe time: 40-50 minutes
Makes 36 - 40 mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 to 40 small button or cremini mushrooms (about 1-1/2 to 2-inch diameter)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning blend
- Minced fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove and reserve stems from mushrooms. Season mushroom caps with salt; set aside. Mince stems to yield 1/2 cup; discard remaining stems.
- Combine Ground Beef, minced stems, blue cheese, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons chives and steak seasoning. Spoon beef mixture evenly into mushrooms.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 375°F oven 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with additional chives, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving, using 96% lean ground beef: 15 calories; 1 g fat (0 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 5 mg cholesterol; 49 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.1 g fiber; 2 g protein; 0.8 mg niacin; 0 mg vitamin B6; 0.1 mcg vitamin B12; 0.2 mg iron; 2.2 mcg selenium; 0.4 mg zinc; 6.5 mg choline.