CHAMPAGNE STEAK SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE
Total recipe time: 30 to 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 beef Ranch Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons crushed mixed peppercorns (black, white, pink and green)
- 2 medium red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground mixed peppercorns
- Bring 1-inch water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add green beans, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- Press 2 teaspoons peppercorns evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange peppers around steak. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness. Grill peppers 7 to 11 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until crisp-tender, turning steaks and vegetables occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Cut peppers into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Season beef and vegetables with salt, as desired. Divide salad greens among four serving bowls; top evenly with vegetables. Arrange beef on salad. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette
Nutrition information per serving, using Ranch Steaks: 306 calories; 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 71 mg cholesterol; 347 mg sodium; 15 g carbohydrate; 2.1 g fiber; 25 g protein; 5.1 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 4.3 mcg vitamin B12; 3.3 mg iron; 36.9 mcg selenium; 6.8 mg zinc; 88.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline.