To prevent moisture loss which leads to freezer burn, make sure wrapping is airtight, and avoid partially thawing and refreezing.
Beef, Pepper & Mushroom Kabobs
- Total Recipe Time: 30 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 large green, red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces
- 12 large mushrooms
- 1 package (6.0 ounces) long grain and wild rice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Nutritional information per serving: 359 calories; 32 g protein; 37 g carbohydrate; 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat); 5.2 mg iron; 781 mg sodium; 76 mg cholesterol.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Trim fat from beef steak; cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces. In large bowl, whisk together seasoning ingredients; add beef, bell pepper and mushrooms, tossing to coat. Alternately thread pieces of beef, bell pepper and mushrooms on each of four 12-inch metal skewers.
- Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Meanwhile place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill kabobs, covered, 8 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally; season with salt. Serve kabobs with rice.